Yes, I was an addict. You can’t blame me. Breaking Bad was like a drug. I was enslaved to the habit of watching it and its cessation did indeed cause me severe freaking trauma. I passed the week after finishing the mind-blowing fifth season in a kind of daze, feeling incomplete, like there was something missing from my life. But let’s move on to the symptoms.
- You suddenly start saying “Bitch” and “Yo” a lot. And if you’re feeling particularly inspired, “Yo Bitch!”
- To the people around you, you seem to be gesticulating wildly, gasping excitedly and occasionally just going slack jawed in front of your laptop without any reason. But you’re probably just reacting to one of many awesome moments during the show. Probably like this Jesse below. Only its more like, “Oh no, he did not just do that!” and “Bitch!”
- You feel a deeply inexplicable urge to find out what you would look like with a Shaved Head and a thick Goatee.
- You become a walking, talking Breaking Bad advertisement, telling everyone to watch it, enjoy it and love it, complete with catch phrases and the occasional “bitch!” You also learn a lot of valuable life lessons.
- You have memorized lines from the show which you keep spouting, occasionally annoying everyone around you. (Okay, make that every time)
- Once you finish breaking bad you keep trying to fill the now gaping hole in your heart with Breaking Bad stuff, including extras, interviews and breaking bad trivia.
- But whatever happens you know, deep down in your heart, there will never be another show about a chemistry teacher and a junkie meth-head and the shit storm they kicked up when they started cooking together.